Hudson Link (hudsonlink.org) empowers currently and formerly incarcerated men and women to realize their academic and economic potential by managing degree-granting college programs and providing essential re-entry support. Established in 1998, Hudson Link has transformed over a thousand lives, helping incarcerated men and women make a positive impact on their own lives, their families, and communities, resulting in lower rates of recidivism, incarceration, and poverty. Working with nine college partners, Hudson Link provides funding, management, and organizational support for academic programs leading to college degrees at five correctional facilities, including Greene, Shawangunk, Sing Sing, Sullivan, and Taconic. Hudson Link also provides released students with ongoing alumni services, as well as transitional housing through our New Beginnings housing program. Role Summary Hudson Link is seeking a candidate for a full-time Reentry Case Manager to expand its alumni transitional support services. The Reentry Case Manager will serve Hudson Link alumni who are in the process of reentry, including those alumni participating in New Beginnings, Hudson Link’s transitional supportive housing program in Ossining, NY. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and professional individual who is capable–through education and lived experience–of providing a supportive and positive environment for adults returning from recent incarceration. A priority for the Reentry Case Manager will be to engage with participants to identify their strengths, set goals and objectives, and construct a plan to achieve their goals. In furtherance of their individual plans, the Reentry Case Manager will support alumni in identifying and adhering to parole conditions, obtaining benefits, connecting with community resources, securing employment, and identifying options for stable housing, and will support New Beginnings residents in transitioning to live independently and successfully in their community. Responsibilities may also include assisting clients in developing daily living skills, transporting participants to appointments when necessary, and possible travel within New York State. The Reentry Case Manager will report to the Hudson Link Alumni Services Manager. The hours for this position are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM, with a requirement of flexibility in working evenings and weekends as necessary.
What You Will Do
Case Management (60%)
· Conduct needs assessments for newly released Hudson Link alumni.
· Collaborate with participants to construct individualized support plans.
· Collaborate with and engage participants in setting goals and objectives.
· Make referrals, coordinate services, and engage in follow-up conversations with outside agencies and organizations as necessary to ensure participant needs are being met.
· Conduct regular follow-up assessments to ensure participants are working towards their goals, learn about any changes in their circumstances, and determine whether their needs are being met.
· Document participants’ progress to maintain a permanent record of case activity according to established methods and procedures.
· Meet with participants both on a regularly scheduled basis and as needed.
Community Building (20%)
· Assist the New Beginnings housing program in the process of resident screening, selection, and management.
· Engage residents in weekly Community Meetings, and other group meetings as necessary.
· Assist residents in constructing and maintaining a community agreement to promote harmony, connectedness, and respect between them.
· Lead life skills and other training groups for both New Beginnings residents and additional alumni.
Resource and Network Building (20%)
· Develop and maintain relationships with allied human service agencies and organizations to improve alumni access to services, including mental health services and medical care.
· Develop and maintain partnerships with local organizations (government, faith, charitable, etc.) to create community services opportunities for New Beginnings residents.
· Develop organizational ties to other resources that may be needed by alumni and New Beginnings residents.
· Design and lead training for Hudson Link staff around best practices for providing client services.
· Supervise Hudson Link interns on specific projects and tasks as assigned.
· Represent Hudson Link to external parties including but not limited to other members of the Higher Education in Prison community, current and potential funders, DOCCS staff, partner organizations and colleges, etc., as needed.
Who You Are
·Master’s in Social Work preferred; Bachelor’s degree in a human services, social work, psychology, sociology, human development, or other related social science field required.
· At least three years of experience working with adults who have been formerly incarcerated or have been involved in the criminal justice system.
· SIFI certification a plus.
· Familiar with evidence-based processes and practice, and trauma-informed service delivery.
· Strong communicator, compassionate relationship-builder, and critical thinker who displays strong judgment, time management skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
· Must demonstrate an ability to engage with residents.
· Must possess basic computer, email, and word processing skills, and demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
· Beliefs regarding corrections and rehabilitation aligned with the mission of Hudson Link.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Vaccination against COVID-19 is required to be considered eligible for this position
What You Can Expect
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
· 15 days/year paid time off & 9 paid holidays/office closures.
· Retirement plan: Hudson Link matches contributions to 403(b) accounts up to 3%.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter, indicating desired salary range and the date on which you are available to start, to Donna Jacob (email@example.com) with the subject line, “Reentry Case Manager.” All qualified applicants will be considered, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hudson Link provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetics, veteran status, criminal justice history, or disability status. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply